Saturday 27 November 2010

Artefact Lesson 23rd Nov

This lesson we looked at different ways to construct our shoes-Miss Pinnington showed us pictures of some artists work and how they used different materials for different effects. For example, Marion Mitchell documented a woman's life in shoes. Each stage in a woman's life; from childhood and her teenage years, to her twenties and thirties, and finally middle age and retirement was represented by a different type of shoe.

Another really interesting idea was portrayed by Doris Salsedo; she covered her  shoes with wax sheeting and kept then in a wax shoe box. They were made not to be worn but almost to be preserved, like they were really precious or she just wanted to remember them, even though she didn't wear them.


I also started production on my shoe! I began by covering my last with cling film; then I cut up some strips of Modrock, dipped them in water and pasted them onto my last. I still need to finish this before I can apply my jewellery but it's great!

No comments:

Post a Comment