Tuesday 16 November 2010

How the visit to Van Dal affected my shoe design.....

It was interesting to see how shoes are made and has made me think more about the technical implications. For example, I have never used Modrock before so it could take longer than one lesson to do all the Modrock modelling onto my shoe last. I still think I can do it, as I am not mass producing like Van Dal. I can always modify my plan and take my shoe home to do extra work on it.

Unfortunately I will not be able to use ion technology on my shoe. This is where the shoes are covered in a special flurocarbon to make them completely hydrophobic. If you cover them in water, they won't soak through like normal shoes do, instead the water droplets simply roll off. This is MOD technology and Van Dal are the only shoe designers at the moment to use it when creating their shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment