Thursday 16 December 2010

Artefact Lesson 14th Dec

I had a fairly major disaster in the lesson today! After being left for a while my Modrock shoe had dried and in order to make a heel and carry on with the work I was required to remove it from the shoe last by cutting it off with a knife. To do this I cut off the sole of the shoe so I could remove the top part and then use Modrock to stick the two parts back together. However the sole was very flimsy so I covered it in more wet Modrock to try and get it to stay together, which didn't work too well! It was extremely difficult to get the two parts together and eventually the top bit fell apart. It would have been impossible to fix so unfortunately I was forced to start again! After all my hard work! Anyway, this time I'm making it out of tissue papaer in the hope it will be easier. So far I have covered it in cling film and stuck a few ripped up pieces of tissue onto it with PVA glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment